The Official Website
the Nebraska Chapter of ASHRAE
Search the Nebraska Chapter of ASHRAE Website
Dear Nebraska ASHRAE Members,
Hello Nebraska ASHRAE! I hope you are all managing to survive this cold spring so far. I was lucky enough to escape to the North West last month and attend the ASHRAE YEA Leadership Weekend. You will be proud to know Nebraska was strongly represented at the event in Portland by five members of our chapter!
- We spent the weekend exploring our strengths and ambitions in the industry with others from around United States and Canada. It was truly a great experience, and yet another amazing example of all ASHRAE offers our members. If you are a young professional in ASHRAE or have young professionals working with you, I highly encourage you to look into these development weekends and get involved.
- You will also be proud to learn that one of our young professionals was recently recognized here in Omaha! Sunday, February 16th, The Omaha World Herald published an article via the American Council of Engineering Companies/Nebraska. The article announced that our very own Sarah E. Gudeman from Morrissey Engineering was named the 2014 Young Professional of the Year.
- “The award recognized accomplishments of Nebraska engineers under age 30 who have contributed to the state’s engineering profession and positively impacted their communities.”
- I am lucky enough to call Sarah a friend, so I can personally attest to her being quite deserving of such an honor. I know she would love to tell you about her work in our community, and highly encourage you all to reach out to her and the many other young professionals in our midst to learn more about what drives them and how they plan to strengthen our community.
- This month we will all have the opportunity to talk with the next generation of minds in our engineering network as we pass the microphone to our engineering students at the Omaha lunch meeting next Tuesday. Please come out and support our ever evolving and growing group.
- And of course anyone who sends me an email prior to the lunch meeting, sharing how they have recently connected with a YEA member and encouraged their development in the industry will be treated to lunch on me.
- Thank you,
Sarah Poursharafeddin, MBA, LEED-AP
Nebraska Chapter ASHRAE President, 2013-2014
Please contact me with any questions or suggestions on how to improve our chapter. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 402-616-4561. You may also contact any of our board members:
Jeff Backemeyer - President Elect
Tyler Glesne - Secretary
Jessica Errett - Treasurer
Tom Lewis - 1st Board Member
Mike Barry - 2nd Board Member
Renee Meyersick - Board Ex-officio